After the stress of divorce moving on can seem daunting, especially if there are outstanding legal and financial issues. There is often personal and psychological readjustment to consider too, usually when we’re feeling at our lowest ebb.
– Self-esteem and confidence often suffer as a result of divorce, possibly through feeling a failure or concern at letting yourself down or others. Counselling and hypnotherapy can help with processing what went wrong, learn from the experience and be more positive and confident, possibly even better than before! Addressing unhelpful, underlying patterns and behaviours can help you proceed, having learned valuable lessons from the divorce experience. Healing in part is all about managing unwanted, negative patterns to be able to avoid repeating them in the future.
– It’s now time to become more independent and self explanatory . Include friends and family, take things at your pace, embrace a sensible perspective, laugh at your mistakes and make the transition easier. Also in relationships there are frequently his and her or yours and mine tasks. You might need time to learn to do things you have never done before. Ask for help, let go of the frustration and be gentle with yourself. It takes the time required to proceed!
– Aim to keep yourself up-to-date and relevant . Stay in contact with the external world and keep connected. Watch the news and popular TV so that you can join in with conversations. Invest in your appearance, even if it’s a simple color change or gentle makeover. Plan a pamper evening, supper party, card evening or have your mates around for the televised football. Let others contribute a dish or jar so that it’s an inexpensive evening. Play board games together, all fun, simple ways to keep in touch.
– House may feel very different post-divorce. Or fiscal considerations may make selling the marital home prohibitive for the time being. Staying there may be workable in the short-term; it allows time to repay, heal and plan ahead. If so, figure out ways to reorganise your dwelling. Rugs, prints and little touches can make a real difference. Allow the kids help so that they feel involved and invested too.
– Possessions can be a difficult call. Often getting rid of things could be both symbolic and cathartic. Sometimes letting something go that meant a lot may be the ideal thing to do. You might not want to be reminded of your connection every time you enter a room?
– Sleeping alone may feel odd initially, but it’s true that people do gradually get accustomed to occupying a whole double bed. Turn it into a harbor and make it the way you want it to be. Place lavender on your pillow, have a relaxing bath and get cozy on your space.
– Work often becomes more significant after divorce. It may be essential to make money, so you need to settle down to working at your job or career. Or could now be time for you to start out again and achieve something you’ve always wanted to do, something special for yourself? Re-write your CV, explore career options or re-training.
As you find your feet appreciate the opportunity for a new beginning and find positive ways to move on from your divorce. Wildlife Control Melbourne can help you in this endeavor.